is not going to church for a little over a month a huge sin?

If the reason is that I was away on vacation ?

Im a catholic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sin is sin, there aren't levels, wrong is wrong. I believe God is far more concerned with your heart. So while you were away were you worshiping and honoring Him with your life? Or were you just living for you? That is the question. From our motives spring our actions.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If your serious...then you would know what is expected of you, your church and your believes. Know one can answer this for you, what do you believe.

Personally I don't thing it is a huge sin, buy then again I have my own personal relationship with God I pray directly to God and not other saints and I go to church once in a while and I also go to different churches christian/ non-pentecostal and catholic.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Okay that is understandable. I would go confession and then go to mass and just ask for forgivness. God always forgives, remember he loves you my dear friend.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 2:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• In the Bible Jesus said that there would come a time when people would not worship in the physical but in spirit and in truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• no you can not go to church at all and it isnt a sin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't think it is a sin not to go to church.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 4:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• For Catholics, the Mass is the best way we know to worship the Almighty God. We remember and profess our faith in the mystery of our salvation. We hear the Word of God and receive the Body and Blood of Christ. These are remarkable and very important things. Sometimes there are valid reasons for missing Mass - illness, taking care of someone who is ill, the required travel is prohibative. So you might want to examine why you were unable to attend Mass on vaction? Did you make an effort to find a Mass but one was not available? Or was it just not a high priorioty for you and you wanted to do other things instead? That's one of the benefits of Confession - it requires us to take the time and examine our actions - do they really reflect the faith? Not taking time to worship God in the way He gave us because we just didn't feel like it might indicate a problem that should be addressed.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 4:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think it's better to live our life according to God, and keep him in your thoughts, and miss church every now and then ... then to pretend and go to church every week, as if going through the motions.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I am not Catholic so I don't know what your church teaches. But I do study the Bible, and I don't think it is a sin to have to miss church for a short period of time. I missed 4 weeks over the winter when my girls kept getting sick. I missed it so much.

It is like taking a shower, it is not a sin if you don't take one every day, but you will start to stink. We should want to take a shower!!! And if we go a while without getting one, it feels so good the next time we get one!!!

Just read your Bible and pray while you are away. One thing I do is listen to Christian radio so I can still hear someone preach the Word of God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• OMG NO!! You don't need to be in a certain building to pray to God. as "ap9902" said "I think it's better to live our life according to God, and keep him in your thoughts, and miss church every now and then ... then to pretend and go to church every week, as if going through the motions."

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009