pizza recipes

im not really liking any pizza chains out here anymore. so what are your pizza recipes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• BBQ Chicken Pizza, with bbq sauce, grilled chicken, pineapple, onions, red pepper and sharp cheddar cheese.
    Buffalo Chicken Pizza, with a ranch mixed with buffalo wing sauce as the sauce on the crust, chicken cooked sauteed with buffalo wing sauce, small chunks of cream cheese, onion, and sharp cheddar cheese.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I use my bread machine for my crust, bake it on a pizza pan with holes in it for crispier crust. I make my sauce by sauteing onions, garlic and basil in olive oil, then adding tomato sauce and letting it simmer to a thick paste. Roll out the dough, spread the sauce on, add your favorite cheeses, mine are mozarella, a little colby and maybe provolone, then your favorite pizza toppings. Bake in a 450 degree oven....very hot is important, for about 10-20 minutes depending on your oven.

We've been making pizza every friday night (almost) for about 17 years.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Pizza Dough:

1 package yeast
    1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
    3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1 tbsp olive oil

In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of the water, and let proof 10 minutes.

Add flour, salt (I cut to 1 tsp), olive oil and remaining water. Mix well and knead until the dough is smooth, about 10 minutes. Add more flour if necessary to make a smooth, silky dough. The easiest thing is to put it in a stand mixer with a dough hook and let it go - it's a bit sticky.

Put dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and set aside in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down and let it rest 10 min.

Divide dough into 4 pieces and shape each piece into a flat circle approx 10 inches in diameter. Preheat oven to 450, and brush tops of dough with olive oil.

Place on baking sheet dusted with cornmeal, and bake until brown around edges and cheese is melted,

Answer by rkoloms at 12:40 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I make my own crust and also use the pan with the holes. Bake for about 7-10 minutes before you add toppings if you like a really crispy crust.
    Southwestern pizza is different, when you get tired of everything else. Use salsa for the sauce. top with sauteed chicken cut into bite size chunks with chili powder, garlic, and a little cumin (strong flavor so use sparingly). Saute green peppers and onions. Top with Mexican cheese or plain mozzarella. You can garnish with chopped cilantro and some sour cream on the side. This works well with fat free sour cream and light cheese. Soooo good!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I make pizza using the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day Peasant bread recipe and their pizza baking directions. Top with our favorite toppings.

Some favorites at our house:
    ricotta, fresh spinach, olive oil and sliced tomato
    olive oil, fresh basil leaves and sliced tomato
    sausage and pepperoni
    ham and pineapple
    sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, green pepper and black olives
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009