My Baby Has MRSA

Well he is 4. I brought him to the Ped over a month ago, and it seemed to clear up. Then it came back with a vengnce. So back we went. I have a prescript for storonger antibiotic. We are going to fill tomorow. Mainly becouse it went away again and yet again back with a vengnce. Any one have this problem what should I do. How do I get this to go away. My baby says it hurts, and since it is on his knee he says he cant walk. LOL But I can tell it does hurt.

I WANT THIS TO GO AWAY!!!!!!!!

marvelgirl

Asked by marvelgirl at 3:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I think that if you can possibly go fill that prescription today, right now, you should. MRSA is not something that should go away and come back. When you finish this prescription, take him back to the doctor and have the doctor PROVE to you that it is gone. If it is not 100% gone you need to see an infectious disease specialist. I'm worried about your son and your whole family. Please try to get that antibiotic started today, if you have a pharmacy near you that can fill it today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my son has mrsa too. we are dealing with yet another outbreak right now. so far this is the worst its ever been. as of now its everywhere except his chest and only 1 on his back. We got prescribed bactroban and were told to use a wash called hibacleanse 2-3 times a wk (you can get it at the store like a walgreens or cvs its in a teal/green bottle and its a pink liguid, its what docs use to scrub in bc it removes all bacteria from the skin but avoid the genitals because it dries them out) Our doctor said if we can keep him from having an outbreak for 6mo its 'probably' gone but we haven't made it to 6mos w/o an outbreak yet so idk if that's true. GL
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Get the antibiotic right away. Give it exactly as ordered. If it is to be given 4 times a day give it every 6 hours even if you have to get up in the night.

If the second antibiotic doesn't work he may have to have home IV antibiotics. If they think you didn't give meds as ordered he could be hospitalized. He could have to have an IV line surgically placed.

If the infection gets out of control he could have to have surgery at the site or worse. This is a very serious condition.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My son has had MRSA twice and my daughter had it once. Luckily, theirs cleared up with only one round of meds. What was the first med they put him on and what is he on now?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Funny thing they had him on Altabax ointment and I cant eaven begin to spell the liquid> BUT on line it says that is the one that wont kill MRSA eaven though it is very strong. Now he has bactroban we put in the nose (weird) and the liquid antibiotic that is ment to kill MRSA. We have 10 days and if it comes back we WILL go to a specialest. Thanx for the posts. I was hearing that it NEVER goes away. Nice to know there is light at the end.
    marvelgirl

Answer by marvelgirl at 9:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2009