If a parent decides to live an inferior lifestyle to avoid having to live of Welfare. Should the parent be charged with child negligence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you live in America Gailla?????? you answer is funny lol.........sheltered much? no news much? thank you for the good chuckle. Look up FDR and the Depression, thats how long it been in america, called the dole by the brits.

Like the rest of america, besides gailla, we are a family struggling. husband lost good job, and now buy our clothes 2ed hand and shop at Walmart vs. the lovely Target. Large cutbacks and loads of the dry Raman. Do we qualify for food stamps&cash aid............yes. Do we apply a get it, no. Our children are fine, it toughens the skin and when times are better, they will really appreciate it. Just keep on trucking.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If the parent is not able to put a roof over the childs head and food on the table then yes.

If you mean the kid doesn't get treated to games and toys and fast foods occasionally, then no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Depends on the situation. If the child goes without necessities then yes. i.e...food, shelter. But if its materialistic, then no. i.e. new clothes, toys, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ditto to above.
    I am a single mom and I am BROKE. AND I am doing my damndest to stay off assistance. My son does not go with out anything, but he doenst have all the newest stuff that some of his friends do either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• What is Welfare? Do you me Aid to Dependant Children? Is that something bad? Aid to Dependant Children? If the children qualify shouldn't they get it? I've lived in 2 states and there has been nothing called Welfare.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 5:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Food stamps, HUD, Medicaid (to alot of people) = Welfare.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I am sorry but I dont think that just because a family decides to not get foodstamps or something from welfare means that you should try and get a family torn apart and call it child negligence. If that family is providing food colths and a home and a loving family and the child is happy it is not negligence at all and no if a family decides they are better off without and they dont need it then it is not wrong. Somethings like foodstamps they might get like 10 dollars and choose not to or the family may have insurance threw their work place and not need medicaid and may not be able to get hud on their homes. Child negligence is when they are abused ,left along, hurt ,crying, hungry no home, and when a child is hurt you can tell and you will know. People do the best fro their children and I am shure if and when they feel they need welfare they will untile then this is not a reason to try and tear a family apart it is wrong.
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Are you asking so that you can help someone or asking so you can call on someone I dont think that this was a good questin it just seems wrong to me.

This is a def of child neg:
    Child Abuse.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Child abuse is broadly defined in many states as any type of cruelty inflicted upon a child, including mental abuse, physical harm, neglect, and sexual abuse or exploitation. The specific crimes charged in instances of child abuse can include assault and battery. In many states, certain individuals and caregivers are required by law to report suspected child abuse.

child negligence, that a child may unfortunately have to encounter, are physical negligence, emotional negligence, medical negligence and educational negligence. Child abuse negligence

It has to be something bad not something as simple as just deciding they dont need help from welfare
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009