if u are i step mom and have kids of ur own.. but Raise both

CAN u honestly say u treat them equally...do u feel that its your job to treat them all with the same love...
provide them all the same oppurtunties
has this been a problem for anyone
my dh was raised by his step mom since he was 7 and his younger brother and sister are like 8 and ten yrs younger then him.. but i see that she treats them differently and acts like she doesnt... this hurts me .. bc not only was my dh rejected by his real mom.. now his stepmom.. shows partiallatly.. and act like its not there..
any way if ur a step mom with kids of ur own.. and raise both.. do u treat them the same?>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I can say that i treat them both equally. ...but different. They both get the same amount of love ...but they prefer to be shown that love in different ways. They are two very different children. Opposites. I can not choose one over the other for a love them both equally, but how i respond to either child in any given situation is different then how i would respond to the other child.

I am a stepmom to my DS who is almost 4yrs old. And i am the 3rd mom to my adopted little brother, who i will now be adopting due to our mothers death. ...so really, neither of the children are mine.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• When my ss lived with us I did treat him differently. He was 13 and my son was an infant. I expected him to be more mature which in his case was wrong. He had many issues and we as a family had to pay for my mistakes. As far as love I don't think I showed it as much as I should. So no to your question. If I could go back I would.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009