Can anyone shed some some light on Polyhydramnios. All I can find is that it is related to gestational diabetes which I do not have Thanks

I was diagnosed at 28 weeks 6 days with too much amniotic fluid. I was wondering if anyone had gone through this, without having gestational diabetes.

ashkyns

Asked by ashkyns at 3:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• All I know is that most cases are mild and about 50% resolve on their own. Its affects on preterm birth and growth the of the baby depends on its severeity and they aren't really sure of all the causes. Sometimes it is diabetes, sometimes a fetal defect, and other times there is no explanation at all for the extra fluid and there is nothing at all wrong with the baby. Some women, apparantly, just have extra fluid and grow babies larger.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2009