Anyone aware of the concert in cuba?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090920/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_cuba_peace_concert
I am watching it now, I was born in Cuba, but I have lived in the US for 50 years, I am emotional at seeing this type of event that has not happened in Cuba in 50 years! Giving these oppressed people a chance if only for a few hours to forget their lack of freedom, and lack of dignity, not to mention their lack of necessities, like food!

Asked by older at 4:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I was in Cuba a few years ago, on vacation. loved it ! Instead of going on tourist trips, I got around on local buses to places not on the tourist itineraries and had a wonderful time. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. No drugs, no MacDonalds, all the food was fresh, but what really made it was the people.

I hope to again someday as it was the nicest vacation I ever had in the Americas, and the chearest.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I didn't know you were born in Cuba! How interesting. I bet it is beautiful,as you said,just for a few hours, anyway. Hope you enjoy it. Love ya! Been missing you,by the way. Glad you are back!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• stymen my friend I have missed you too!! I was born there and now I am an american citizen proud to be one too, but I will always feel the Cuban blood in me!!!

Answer by older at 5:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• That is so awesome. I work with a woman from Peru,and she just became a citizen back in July. She is so excited.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It s exciting to be part of this great nation!

Answer by older at 5:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I love Cuba. I have since I was like 10 ( Thank you National Geographic!). I hope to visit Cuba some day. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Janet116, I am glad you liked it, it is a beautiful Island, but are you aware that there is a facade for the tourist and another for the people? Those firendly people are not allowed to swim in Varadero beach, because it is a tourist attraction, they are not allowed to eat in those restaurants. That fresh food you talk about is never consumed by the people of this country, only if they are lucky enough to have relatives in the Us that send them $ to be able to buy it in the black market.

Answer by older at 6:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I will be moving there next month! But to the military base there. I'm very exciting. Ive heard its awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Anon, The military base is good you will be living and seeing the beautiful Cuba shown to tourist.

The sad part is the poverty and hunger the Cubans live with, aside from any type of freedom.

Answer by older at 6:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I saw the concert for PEACE online from Cuba.
    I hope to visit some day. Cubans as a whole have much better education and healthcare than others in Latin America. And there is much less disparity in wealth from the richest to the poorest like in other Latin countries. and the arts have flourished there.
    ¡Viva Cuba!!
    Linda que linda es Cuba, '¡quien la defiende la quiere mas!!

Time to lift the embargo!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009