Does Chantix make you crazy, or just suicidal?

The reason I am asking:
I am about 3 seconds away from telling the father of my child and my sorta-fiance that I no longer want to be with him, am not in love with him, and have not been for many months now.
Where is the separation between Mirena, Chantix and truly wanting to leave my mate?
Anyone else use this stuff or deal with the effects of it? Thanks...

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• chantix is the stop smoking drug right? if so my doc tried to prescribe it to me, than i talked to some people and did some research on it, and found alot of people (women especially) who got severely depressed and violent on it. a friend attacked her aunt b/c her aunt said her hair looked bad that day (literally she swung at her and has never hit a person in her life), another person i know ended up having suicidal thoughts and went to a therapist only to be told to stop the drugs and 2 weeks later was fine.
    now if you honestly feel this way about your fiance, than you need to evaluate the relationship, but if you never had the feelings before the drug, you should talk to your doctor about trying something else.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I thought they where both the same thing. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Well first talk to your doctor about it. Then see where to go from there. Just in case it is the Chantix and not him.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009