What would you have done if this woman spanked your child?

This woman supposedly spanked a child she did not know because the kid said something she didn't like and his mother did not discipline him. By the way, the boy was 2 years old.

Here's the link.

http://news.aol.com/article/woman-arrested-after-she-allegedly/673642

What would you have done? I would have hit her back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would not have hit her back. I would make sure my child is all right, comfort him, and then I would call the police. Have an incident report made and make it known I want charges to be filed for assault. Then I would also sue her separately in civil court. Why? Because I don't even spank my child and no other person has the right to physically abuse my child. Knowing my child, if this were him, he would have been traumatized and it would have been very difficult to have his faith restored in people again. I don't believe in violence but the consequences that would come from this for her would not be pleasent.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't and won't allow anyone else to spank my children, unless it is a family member watching them, and as for a stranger definitely not. I would have had her arrested as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would be in jail if someone spanked my child. enough said.
    AzaleasMommy

Answer by AzaleasMommy at 5:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i'm right there w/azaleasmommy, i'd be in jail waiting for someone to bail me out.
    what is with people hitting random children lately? the guy at that walmart and now this woman? and they are grown adults too!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• She would be in jail for assault.  No one lays a hand on my kids.  NO ONE!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• though I have no problem with spanking (if it's not the only form of punishment) I do have a problem with anyone touching my children.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would also be in jail if ANYONE put there hands on my child. I also agree that it is assault. If you walked up and did this to another adult you would go to jail for aggrivated assault, if it's a kid, suddenly it's discipline. At least I as an adult, can defend myself a child sure as hell can't!
    yelli

Answer by yelli at 6:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would be calling my mom, my MIL, my sister's mom, and my nana....begging for bail money. They are the four women in my life who would bail me out for punching someone who touched my kid....and it might take a joint effort to bail me out.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• She's in jail where she belongs. As tempted as I would be to knock the ***** out of her that's not the smart move. Then you are in jail also. How is that going to help your child. I would have done anything I could have to get my kid away from her, that's self defence but after that the courts need to take over.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would raise holy hell and put the fear of God into her! NOBODY hits my child!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009