How's bedtime at your house?

Crazy? Tranquil? Nonexistent? (haha.)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Usually pretty easy. I put my younger one down first and then when he falls asleep i put my older one down. Don't usually have any problems. :)
    ...but it was a LOT of work to get it that way. lol

they are almost 4 and almost 5
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• depends on if she decides to throw a fit over where she is sleeping. she has a new desire to sleep in my room w/the tv on. when she doesn't argue and goes into her own room its fine, when she wants to argue not so great...and if she decides to fight sleep and call for someone every 5 mins..
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My boys (6, 7, & 11) go to bed when we tell them to. We just holler "Bed Time!!" and then go brush their teeth & go to bed.

My daughter (2) - on the other hand - she's a little nightowl. We stay up & "party party" til after midnight a lot of the time.

*Sigh* So glad I don't have to get the boys on a school bus at 7am. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• This just depends on my son's mood and what we've done all day. If he's in a decent mood and we've been busy all day running errands or whatever then bedtime is fairly easy. Otherwise it's interesting. lol! You never know when he'll actually fall asleep. He's in bed by 8...but he usually sits in bed cracking up at nothing for a long time before he goes to sleep. The only horrible part about bedtime is the teeth brushing. My goodness you would think I was hurting him with the fit he throws and how he flings him self around! I'm hoping he will outgrow that soon. =D
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Very smooth! Easy.

I start getting my almost 2 yr old ready for bed at 7:30.
    She is in bed by 8 sharp and thats the way its always been.

She doesn't seem to mind. Usually tired from playing all day. Shes out asleep
    within 5 minutes after I tuck her in, read a story; ect.

Then my 7 week old wakes up for a bottle. :)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 5:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• PRETTY TRANQUIL...SUPPER AT 7:00 TILL 7:15 THEN BATH TILL 7:40 BRUSH TEETH ETC,THEN GET DRESSED READ SOME BOOKS THE SHE'S USUALLY CRASHED BY 8! IT WAS HARD WORK BUT MAN I ENJOY THE TIME BETWEEN 8 AND 11 WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND THE TV OF COURSE LOL!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My 5 year old has always struggled against sleeping. Even when she was itty bitty. Which was strange because for the first few weeks of her life she was super sleepy and would sleep for hours. I guess she thought it was enough for a lifetime. HA. I have her go lay on the bed while I am putting my 2nd down for bed then when I come in I read a BIble story to her and turn out the light. Sometimes it can take her HOURS to fall asleep. It's fairly frustrating.

My 2 year old I grab her and rock her to sleep in a rocking chair. I then lay her down in her crib and if she's not asleep yet she will USUALLY just roll over and I'll cover her up and leave. She does very well with this and sleeps all night very nicely.

The 3 week old usually screams while I"m putting the middle child down and then I go nurse him LOL So he's not got a routine yet. Things are a bit crazier around here with the new baby.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Since KJ is now a teen, he kinda does his own thing,and we do our's. We go to our room in the evening,and watch TV,and let him have the computer,and the TV in the den. He usually stays on till about 10:30 on school nights, and we let him go later on weekends,of course. He just got his cell phone back,so he'd rather text on it,than be on the computer,actually.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Pretty good, but they are both sick. The oldest takes some meds and is off to sleep. The youngest wants me to stay and couddel her, she is 21 months. So she has been crying herself to sleep, I am not sleeping in the rocking chair with her.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh sorry what was the question? Ooh right, bedtime, ha ha ha ha ha. Non-existent. We have tried it all and nothing works. They both just finally crash when they are ready.

mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 6:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2009