What do you like/dislike about going to church?

I like being around people who share my beliefs. However I dislike how sometimes the sermon is about something that does not really concern me. Sometimes they just seem to drag on and on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like to see how happy everyone is. And i love to feel the energy being created.
    I dislike being judged because i do not believe the way that they do. Honestly, i would go to church more often if everyone there wasn't trying to convert me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I love the fact we are family, we love each other what I dont like is that its an hr away and I cannot go every week!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I love the fellowship, but I don't care for the gossip. I just remind myself that I'm in a hospital for the sinful, grant people a little grace, and move on.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I agree with Lexylex. I was just asking the Lord today, why some people have such a hard time not gossiping!!! It makes it hard for me to trust them and I don't feel unity with those people. It makes me sad.

Anyways, I love learning about the Word of God and worshiping the Lord. That is the best!!! And I actually have a wonderful group of loving friends, who don't gossip and love each other for who we are!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Warning-I'm probably going to offend.
    Church is not about me, or us
    It's about God.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Maybe I am anti social, but I have not had an issue with gossip at our church. Not even a little bit.

I love the community and traditions of the Catholic church.

in the don't like column? well on rainy days the kneeling can be a bit harsh but I still do it.

I love it all
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 7:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• like - worshiping God w/ others who have the same focus, singing praises to God, how easy it is to focus solely on worship (before i had a kid haha), & the structure.

dislike - the ppl who go simply to push their non-salvation related views on others, the gossipers, the cliques, the fact that sometimes the focus is on pleasing ppl when it should be about pleasing God, the ppl who think their opinion is the only way God wants things done, the ppl who see evil in every little thing, the ppl who feel it is their job to tell you how wrong you are about every little thing, the ppl who think stupid silly rules are more important than Jesus' words...

so i guess i could just say i dislike the majority of the ppl that attend church. 9 times outta 10 they act more evil than all the "non-believers" in America, except they do it in hiding instead of out in the open and that is more disgusting then anything...hypocrites...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think I would change Churches if 9 out 10 were "more evil" what ever that may mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i want to sit in a chair & my church use pews. more comfy
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• teamquinn... Without God there would be no us. :-) Just a thought.
    It is about us being in His Precense and learning about HIM.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009