which sippy cup did your child like the best? my dd is 7 months and we got the nuk learner cup but she hasnt taken to it. i dont want her taking a bottle forever and want to slowly transition her but i cant find one thats spill proof that she likes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used fisher price ones with silicone tops (Dollar General) at 6 mos and transitioned to nuby straw cups that are pressure and suction activated by 12 mos.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:14 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• oh wow i didnt know they had straw cups like that. she loves using a straw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• don't know who makes them, but i think they are called nuby's? they are in bins at walmart for like $1 they have soft spouts, my dd liked these. or you could just try going to a regular hard plastic and seeing if she'll take that. if she won't take any, give it another month and try again, we started sippys around 10 months and after 2 weeks she stopped using bottles.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My kids like the hard plastic ones that have no inserts or anything. I love them because there aren't any weird parts that cannot be cleaned fully and they are typically spill proof. I can't stand spilling sippy cups.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We used the Nuby.

I'd suggest that once you find one that she will take and drinks well, to simply STOP the bottles. There's no reason for the bottle any longer if she can drink from a sippy cup! Just switch them out. (we did it at 6 months)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i know. id rather her take a cup but shell drink for a minute or two and then stop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2009