Does baby shompoo really keep hair from growing?

The lady who cut my hair told me that the reason my almost two year old doesnt have much hair is because im still using baby shampoo. She said that if I started using regular shampoo it would grow faster.

mkrmomma1

Asked by mkrmomma1 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have never heard of this. My niece is 3 with a full head of hair and still using baby shampoo. My LO has hair and uses baby shampoo.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have been told by three different professionals that baby shampoo is very harsh. When I stopped using it the difference was pretty dramatic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• never heard of it either. My mom always used baby shampoo on herself and had the nicest, softest hair around.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• lol I used baby shampoo all through college when I had waist length hair, even when I trimmed it up, it always grew back that far. Not sure I would believe it stops hair growth myself.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We still use baby shampoo on all three of our kids. My 2 year old needs a hair cut almost every 2 weeks and he has the THICKEST hair I've ever seen in our family. There's no way baby shampoo has cut back on the amount of hair my kids have! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Im a Cosmetologist and this isnt true. Baby shampoo is heathier for your hair compared to half of the shampoo's out there. My three year old daughter has really short curly hair. It just depends on the nutrients your child gets and DNA. For the first year of my daughters life... she had NO hair. LOL So, I would have to say this is false.
    Emmas_Mommy06

Answer by Emmas_Mommy06 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i use baby shampoo on my dd she is 20 months and her hair is past he shoulders, i don't think this is true.
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 7:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My son had lots of hair when he was born, and I have always used baby shampoo. He is 14 months now, and it is just thicker than ever. He has to have it cut atleast every 6 weeks.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• never herd of that either,i use the jhonson body and hair wash on my lil one
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009