wen should you normally start potty training?

my dd just turned one and ppl are saying that she might be ready cuz she likes to be naked and she is always wanting to be in the bath room with me wen i go. so wen did you start pt your lil one and do those look like signs to you?

Simply-blissful

Asked by Simply-blissful at 5:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start when you think that she is ready. Mine is totally ready at 15 mos and Daddy isn't on board and so I can't until he is. I would do it if she is ready.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• When the two eldest celebrated their 2ed birthday it was in underwear. Not to say they where accident free, just they where very much on their way to being in control. Girls are faster then boys when it comes to the potty and controlling their.....um waste(?) I don't think being naked has anything to do with potty training, think its a comfort/kid thing. My son(2) does not like his da-dun-da-duns on with jeans, and rolls around commando when not home. Mase's preference at home is in the buff....Suggestion: Buy a potty that sings when you pee, put it there and ignore it until she shows interest in the thing. Then when you pee, have her come with you and gesture to the potty. She will get the hint if ready:) and if she does not like diapers that are wet/dirty and ask you to change the pronto, i think thats a sign. Its a long process and different for every kid..
    momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I usually introduce my children at 18 months. Taking off their clothes at 1 is normal behavior. You should wait until you see more signal like staying dry for longer periods of time, predictable bm times. Be careful not to rush . You will know for sure soon enough . I waited til 18 months and my children went by 2 years - 2 years 2 months.
    teenb7

Answer by teenb7 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009