Did anybody else out there miss the deadline to get their toddler in school because I'm kicking myself everyday for not doing what I needed to get this boy in school but I'll try to get him in hopefully by next year if I don't have a nervous breakdown first.Right now I need somebody to tell me that everything is going to be allright because I have some doubts about life in general please?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 5:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in

• It's great that you have another year with your son. Most boys aren't ready to go to school until they are 7! Some states don't require children start school until age 7.

If your child is only a toddler than he is much too young for group experiences. He can learn with you. If he is around other kids he is at risk for infections, even ones that can cause death.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 5:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You can see if your pre-school (I am assuming bc you said your son is a toddler) has a waiting list for the yr also....
    Some do and will allow you to do all of the paper work and they will contact you up to a certain point when a space becomes open.

Good Luck and I would not worry if you have to wait another yr... most kids do fine without being in pre-school and start right with kindergarten at age 5 or 6 and most states now are running the all day kindergarten.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It'll be alright!!

I have 3 kids and I was never able to put any of them in preschool. I survived... only a few nervous breakdowns... but I sure while smiling when dd#2 started school this year... 2 down 1 to go lol...
    MomofWildcats

Answer by MomofWildcats at 9:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009