Dog owners, what breeds do you have? And what is their nature like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pets

• shihtzu-and a SHIT head!
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 5:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have a goldadore, a golden retriever/lab. She is well behaved, low energy, great with kids, other dogs, and cats, well trained, but not too smart and has some anxiety issues.

I had a lab mix for 10 years that was the love of my life. Lab mixes that look mostly lab are usually great dogs. They may not have the high energy and health problems labs can have but have all the good qualities.

I had a Weimaraner. He was a one person dog that would forget he weighed 100 pounds. A lot of fun. He would get out and run around neighborhood, find a mud even if it hadn't rained in a month, and come back when he felt like it. He was good with kids and cats.

I would get a dog around a year old. You can tell more about what the dog's personality is going to be like, the dog will have less energy, and should be potty trained.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We have a St. Bernard, but he is only 9 weeks old, so it's hard to tell what his personality will be like yet. But generally they are laid back, caring dogs.

So far our little pup is just a yapping, pooping, tail wagging ball of fluff.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I've got a boxer/pit bull mix and he's amazing. He's intelligent, well trained, calm, great with kids and other dogs and most adults, except for men with long hair/ball caps. We rescued him from an abusive situation when he was 1 1/2 years old and now he's 4. I don't eve want to own any other dog than a pit bull or pit bull mix.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have a South African Boerboel--She is cautious of strangers but not aggressive. She is wonderful with kids. Laid back, almost lazy. She doesn't run around yapping or get rambunctious around the little ones.

I have a cattle dog mix---He is cautious of strangers but not aggresive, wonderful with the older kids, hyper, runs in circles regularly. He doesn't calm down much and runs around yapping and get VERY rambuctious around the little ones.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 6:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We have an American Bulldog...she is wonderful. The best source of protection we could ask for! Excellent watch dog. A little huge...lol, gets over excited at times. But a wonderful, and good dog!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Long haired Dashound, very lazy, loves ot be peted, loves ot sleep, nad wants to be around you always.
    Yorkie, very loving, very playful, very small (lol). Thinks I am his mom and follows me everywhere.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We have a six yr old female boxer.The best family dog in tha world in my opinion.She is very protective and don't ever mess with her babies!I love,love,love this dog!I also have two chiuauah SP?They are very energetic and yappy and you sometimes have to watch them with the very young kids cause if they get scared or hurt they will nip you.My boxer will let the babies pull her ears and ride her like a pony though.
    MommyLove23

Answer by MommyLove23 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We have a solid black german shepherd. She's gorgeous! And she's so sweet. High energy, of course but I make sure she's taken outside to play fetch a few times a day to get that energy out. I'm also still working with her on obedience. She gets lots of exercise, so she's not destructive nor does she misbehave. She's great with our children. She's very friendly if she knows that we are ok with the person/people that come to the house, but she's also very protective. A great watchdog and a great family dog!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have three rottweilers. They are great. All three well temepered and love my kids. They always let us know when there is a stranger around (which is one reason why we have the breed...hubby works nights and I am home alone with three kids). They don't like cats though. We have had our male since he was seven weeks old and our male puppy was born to us. I trained them myself and they know all kind of tricks and listen when I tell them to do anything. Our female was a rescue from a lady that couldnt keep her anymore...at the age of three she was already trained when we got her. She had adjusted to our family within a week of having her. When we are in the yard with them all she will follow me around and set on my foot until I pay attention to her.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 8:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009