What is the best age to start potty training?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• The younger the better! When to train is purely cultural. I started my daughter at 9 months and she has been the easiest to train!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• The best time is when your child is showing an interest and initiative towards the potty, otherwise it will be a hassle and frustrating.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 5:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Every child is different. If I had started at nine months I would have been really frustrated. My son was no where near ready.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think it depends on the child my 3 year old still isnt potty trained!
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It is physically impossible to potty train a child under 2. They do not have the muscle controle their bladder and bowles.  Ask your pedi. if you don't believe me. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Anon that is simply not true. I know many children under 2 that can hold it during nap time or even overnight. My daughter at 9 months would fuss until I put her on the toilet to do her stinks. They can and do develop the muscle control very early - it just takes a little more time.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009