Anyone out there ever have a fractured tailbone?

I fell on Friday while holding my son. Thankfully he didn't get hurt but we went 4 steps down. I had to go to the emergency room on Friday afternoon for my tush. Just kind of wondering how long this pain is going to last? To me its worst than childbearing. Can't walk or sit down and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions please?

trish32681

Asked by trish32681 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• yes by BIL had it broke last year. He was skating and fell. He turned out fine.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I've broken mine 3 times! I have some chronic pain. Pelvic tilts from childbirth class exercises help.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• lay on your belly as much as you can. it helps the tailbone stay flat while it heals. my daughter brusied hers while staking and she won't get on stakes again. i know with kids its hard to say don't lift them, but that is the best idea i can give you, when we pick up the kids, and put them to our hips, their feet are right at the tailbone. if you want to hold them, do it while you are sitting or better laying on your side.
    good luck
    Nickquilts

Answer by Nickquilts at 6:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Avoid hard chairs. I cracked mine giving birth. Follow the instructions you got from the ER in regards to icing and heating.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Oh wow i can sympathize with you on this one! I was a teenager and after being thrown from a horse discovered i broke my tail bone. I couldn't sit or stand, bending over for anything - tying my shoes, shaving my legs was impossible. I took a pillow with me everywhere including to school! As i recall the worst of the pain passed in about a week maybe 2 and it was a good 6 weeks before i was relatively pain free...good luck
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 9:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009