Is this right!!

I put a question out there today about handing all my check over and staying without one cent because my husband lost his job.
I have always contributed to the house and bills and all of the above. I have not been sitting home eating bon,bon's! and if you read it right I would not even mind if we where happy. But, I have always contributed with my money I have even held 2 jobs at one point. I feel I have given more then enough financially! I never expected him to hand over all of his check when he was working!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• HUH? Seriously? You've given more than enough financially for your family? WOW!! thats pretty selfish. From what I understand you are the only one working right now, and I'm guessing things are really tight. So why NOW do you decide that you have given enough financially? Thats wrong IMO...I could give cent I ever have for the good of my family and never feel that way.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have to agree with abbynzachsmommy...you sound incredibly selfish. I could never give enough to my family. Every cent I make goes to provide for my family, as it should. If I have to choose between something I want or something a member of my family needs, they get what they need, no question about it. I did read your other question. And while, yes, I will admit it does sound as though he might be a bit controlling, I think you are being quite selfish acting like it is a hardship for you to provide for your family. When you have a child, you make a commitment to take care of them and provide for them no matter what. When you get married, you get married for better or worse, richer or poorer. This is the poorer. You need to suck it up and deal with it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• have a seperate account that you put 10% of your earnings every week the rest hand over but definetly do not go penniless because in that case your family is not looking after you and you feel used and burned out very fast
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Honestly to me that seems really selfish ! My husband and I have never had his check or my check its always been our check ! Once your get married there is no your and his its always ours !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If you are contributing all your money and it is all going to your family or bills, then what is wrong? I don't get it. I would contribute every penny I had to my family. I would even try to work more to get more for them. You sound selfhish to me as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009