What should I do?

The man that is my best friend that I love very much told me he wasn't happy with me anymore. He said that he hates the fact that his son doesn't like me and he said i'm mean to his son. Which i'm not I have the little boy (6 yr old) all the time. I'm always taking or doing something with him. He was starting to act better around me and then all of a sudden when his dad starts coming home more he quits and starts acting really mean to me and not listening to me or anything. Then when I say anything about it I'm the bad guy. I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my first child. I'm stressed out. I cry all the time because I don't know what to do. I'm sick a lot of the time and can't sleep at night because I don't want to lose this wonderful man and his son. I love them but I guess that isn't enough. Should I quit trying and getting hurt. I don't think my husband wants to be with me anymore and it hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Your husband wants to leave you because his 6 year old says bad things about you? That's crazy! Way too much power to give a 6 year old!

Your husband's loyalty should be to you. He should tell his son that you are his wife, he trusts you, and he is to do what you say. If the son says anything about you it should be with you present. Your husband should back you up in front of him even if he doesn't agree 100%.

It sounds like no matter how hard you try as long as your husband doesn't back you it won't matter. Talk to him about what I have said. Go to counseling. Any counselor would tell him the same thing.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Is his son the only reason? Sounds like there is more going on than just that. Tell him he needs to tell you flat out what is going on, then the both of you need to figure out the best way to move forward. A new baby will only add to the stress that already exists.
    Nadis_Mom

Answer by Nadis_Mom at 6:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• true a new baby will add stress so better resolve these issues early!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• There must be more going on I agree. Is he worried about the effect the new baby will have on his son? Perhaps thats why the boy is starting to act up already. Hubby needs to be looking after his whole family from now on.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009