A poop question!! Different poop, should I be concerned? 4 months old.

My 4 month old has been having problems since day one. So we had her on Similac sensitive. She would cry and scream and poop 1-2 times a week, and it was pretty thick and had stringy substances in it. Maybe it wasnt digesting? Doctor said that was normal.
But I didnt think that was normal, so I switched to Alimentum last week. WOW totally different baby, shes happy, never fussy. But now shes pooping every day. She pooped twice today. My concern is, her poop was NOT stringy, it was the consistancy of baby food, and a dark green. Is that normal?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 6:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ya that is what its supposed to be like, not stringy and hard. and 1-2 a day is about average for that age. so keep the new formula and i'd look into a new doc as well.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yep, completely normal. I would definitly stick with the new formula!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• wow. that makes me angry with our pedi. My little girl suffered for 4 months. I wish I would have switched sooner.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 6:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my 4 month old sons poops all look different! i also tried him on similac sensitive and it made him constipated so i switched him back to similac advanced sheild and everythings fine now.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009