Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i get child support?

i have a boyfriend of 4 years who is in the military. Not once have he send me money or our child! I need help because i only work twice a week because i'm in school now. My mom watches our child when i'm in school. So i talk to him about it and suggested that if i don't get help now that i will have to take it to the courts. All he said is i won't win because he keeps all the receipts. Ok you buy diapers when she needs it but still i need money to take care of her! she leaves with me and i take care of her. My parents don't really help but i'm glad that i have a roof on my head.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • take him to court a judge will decide but be prepared to give him some custody

    Answer by mirit.rose at 6:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Of course you will get support. They will take it from his pay. Don't listen to him. It doesn't matter what receipts he keeps. You will get back support. You could be getting a lot of money girl!!!

    He would have to file for visitation.

    Answer by GailllAZ at 6:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Yes, take him to court. They will garnish his wages. Meaning whatever amount the judge decides it will automatically be taken out of his LES and will go to you. And yes, you WILL be ruled an amount if he's only giving you small amounts. What his rank?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Actually the receipts don't count in court. If he buys good instead of giving you money to help it is considered his own personal purchases. I went through this a while back. He will have to pay child support and it will be 20% of his income. They take it automatically from his pay. You need to apply for cs through the attorney general. Expect to wait a while to hear back from them and to get you a court date. Let him know that the courts will make him pay back child support beginning on the day that you two stopped living together.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • take him to court!!!!!!!! military doesnt look well on that shit, and they WILL order support
    good luck

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Yes, take hime to court. Let him bring his shoe box of receipts. The court will say "That's nice" and carry on. My ex tried that, mind you none of the the items were actually purchased for my child, he thought somehow showing up with a Timberland box of receipts to diners and from the mall would help his case. The mediator legit laughed at him and said "Sir you cannot be serious."

    Answer by OneToughMami at 8:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • The only way my son's father's receipts counted for anything were if they were proff of him sending me cash money. Call your state attorney general and file with them. Then you don't have to hire and pay for a lawyer. In Texas we get 20% of dads income for one child.

    Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • thanks ladies i really thought he had me for a second

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • call his command and talk to his co he'll be paying you real quick. They will make sure that he gives you money every paycheck.

    Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.