Is thier anything i can do to sother my son?

Hes 3 weeks old and has a runny nose and its hard for him to breath. I cant call the doctor until to tomorrow. Everytime hes moved or set done he starts crying and i can see in his face that he fells horrible.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For mine I use a warm mist humidifier. It loosens the buggers better and moistens better, I think. Use a blue sucking thing to clean out the nose. Little noses makes decongestant drops for the nose, they work well. Vicks on the neck, chest and feet (helps with the coughing). If you have a 5 point harness on your swing put him in that to sleep, so he will be elevated and drain better.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I forgot to put in that his bugers are yellow and green.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• to help him breath you should suck his boogers out with a bulb syringe
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• The baby is only 3 weeks old and you should call the doctor since the baby is having trouble breathing. If you can't call the doctor then go where the doctor or hospital told you to go if the baby got sick, an urgent care center or ER.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i always used a saline solution by "little noses" and a buld syringe. If this keeps up call the er and ask them if you should bring him in they can do a deep suction and maybe give him something he may have a infection good luck!
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 6:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If you are nursing you can suck out snot & boogers with blue bulby thing thing and then put breastmilk in his nostrils with a different bulby thing. For my DS it stopped the runny nose and allowed him to breathe and sleep.

If you are FF I would add probiotics to formula, suck out snot with bulby thing and put saline drops. make sure they are for infants.

Depending on breething and severity I would call ped. but honestly not sure what they would say.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• you might need to co-sleep so he can sleep and for you to be able to be there if he needs you until he is better.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would call the doctor, and have him sleep in your room, in a bassinet or pack n play. Vicks makes a plug in that works really well. That way you don't have to put anything on their skin that might irritate a baby that young. I hope he feels better soon! Oh, and lots of snuggles=)
    roningirl

Answer by roningirl at 12:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• u dont have any saline? prop him up when he sleeps,they say put a little breastmilk or formula up there and it helsp suck it out better.i used regular vicks until i got to the store to get baby vicks.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i woukld take him in to the er,hes only 3 weeks,i ont realy pay attetion to the age when i read this question. take the poor little guy in.he is way to young
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2009