does ur 3yr clean up after herself?

does he remeber or do u have to remind him? CONSTANTLY! LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My three year old is expected to put her toys away before we go out in the morning (usually have some kind of shopping errand, playdate, storytime, etc. every day) and then again before dinner. She also has to put her clothes in her laundry basket when she changes in the morning and at night.

I usually have to remind her, but I wouldn't say constantly. The clothes she almost always does automatically, and the toys she'll put away because it's just built into our day that she can't do the next activity until she gets it done. It's no big deal, and I never have to say it more than once.

Her other "chore" is filling the cat's water dish in the morning, which I never have to remind her to do. She's usually dumping and refilling the dish at least 8 times a day because "kitty likes his water cold!!"
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 2:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My 4 year old does some things that I have been reminding her about for ever. new things still reminding her. Youngest is the same way.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• he is almost four and sometimes he does a good job at cleaning up after himself and other times he needs to be reminded.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Have to remind constantly!!! Of course, his prior daycare provider (he's moved on to Pre-K now) used to tell me how my son cleaned up the whole room all by himself.
    Leslie03

Answer by Leslie03 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My guy just turned 4 this week and he's pretty good at cleaning up after himself. If we're doing a big clean I direct him to specific tasks but if he just pulls out his legos he'll put them away without being told or if he spills a drink he'll grab a sponge to clean stuff up.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My girls 3 1/2 and never leaves stuff out. I just naturally made it part of the process of doing something. It's never occured to her that she can leave before clean up.
    kira_5105

Answer by kira_5105 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Oh, and I forgot about clearing the table after meals and snacks. That one is just 100% automatic. I don't even have to remind my 19-month old about that one. Your dishes go in the sink and your trash goes in the trash!
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 2:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Wow, lucky you guys. My daughter is 3(as of July) and she flat out refuses to even pick up her toys. She won't even put an apple core in the trash. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have explained to her for the past 9 months that mommy can't continue to pick up after her so much, but she doesn't care. She says "that's mommy's job." =-/
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 5:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• my 4 year old and 2 year old both pick their toys up put their clothes in the hamper and dishes in the sink and sometimes my 4 yr old likes to help load the dish washer and likes to help get the clothes from washer to dryer and they ask to help mommy clean bath rooms and other stuff my 4 yr old is learning to vaccum his choice they clean their rooms and he trys to vaccum he usually does a good job I am lucky now I hope they keep it up through the teen years My in-laws say I shouldnt make them I dont they watched me do it so much and they started helping they even make their beds. they do however have days when they dont want to do anything I am fine with it.
    beth214201986

Answer by beth214201986 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• my 2 yr old will cleanup his toys if asked. my dd started cleaning up on her own at about 4 yrs old
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009