Do you ever hear someone talk about the way you look in line at a store?

Well last night we were buying diapers and I had my hair down all natural. I am mixed so my hair is mixed curls big and small. It is shoulder length when it is curly. Well this girl behind me said to her boyfriend "Is that a weave?" I don't understand how a lot of people assume that an african american woman can not have long hair! People would just say is it all your real hair? Is it permed? Is it relaxed? Blah blah blah!!! NO IT IS MY NATURAL HAIR WITH SOME LEAVE IN CONDITIONER IN IT!!! LOL!!! (I will put up a picture of it tomorrow on my profile!)

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 6:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I have. Actually it was the guy in front of me and the cashier. They were talking about how I looked good in Spanish and the guy said something about asking if I was single. Since obviously the cashier would have a better reason for asking, if he started off with how's your day. I just looked at them and told them I was married. The cashier still thinks I was lying because the other guy was ugly. So, I went in the other day with my husband. I'm not a big fan of people talking about me like that. I know some women on here have said they are flattered, well I'm not. I don't need reassurance from Jimmy Jack or Juan Pablo to know I still look hot.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have never put fake hair in mine before too!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• haha once. these Spanish speaking guys was talking about my friend & I in Spanish real loud behind us.. .they didn'nt know i understood it lol...they though we were um hot *rolls eyes* they about crapped their pants when i turned around & told them in perfect Spanish I understood everything they were saying. They shut up real quick
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• LOL I have a friend who rarely got a weave. Her natural hair was down to her chin, and it was really pretty when she took the time to mess with it.

To answer your question, YES I've had people talk shit about me in the store. They've talked about my weight, and it made me feel bad :( You know when you're having a "hot" day, where you think you look AMAZING? That's usually when I hear people cut me down. I just want to wring their necks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Oh and about your hair...that just ugh...people are dumb. My friend Nata has hair just below her shoulders when she takes the time to straighten it. It's to her shoulders when curly. We went out once and someone was like "Oh girl where'd you get that cute wig." She looked at her and was like "Uh um...God?"
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009