I'm 3 days post-partum, had a very small tear, and it hurts worse today than ever. Should it be feeling better? Should I be concerned, or is this just part of the experience?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 6:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that happened to me too. i was pretty sore for about a week. i think around day 5 it started hurting worse so i got worried. it was a saturday so i thought i wuold wait and call my midwife on monday. but then by monday i felt much much better! i was hardly sore at all after the first week. i had just a minor tear too. be sure to tell your OB/midwife about it. if it's bothering you A LOT you might want to go ahead and call them in the morning. congrats on your baby!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• everything hurts from now on but think in just a little while u will have ur baby:) the pain is worth it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I know how you feel! It's the worst pain I've ever had. It'll hurt for about 2-3 weeks. My doc prescribed me vicadin for it...which helped a little. I'm sorry...I know it hurts sooooooo bad :-(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Congrats on your baby! I think that was the point when I started to hurt to where I thought something was wrong but all was normal. My theory is all the drugs from the hospital are out of our system and we have finally taken a chance to breath and notice our (mom) problems. Did you get ice pack pads from the hospital? Witch Hazel pads? Lanocain spray? Stool softener helped so that I did not have to endure the pain from those goings on. Also a boppy to sit on or hemorrhoid pillow and a sitz bath. Don't forget to take both Ibuprofen and Tylenol, one helps with one part of it while the other helps with the other aches.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i had a tiny tear and it still hurts me from time to time...we have a lot of nerves down there and they take a long time to heal
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 8:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Just try and lay on your side with your legs together as much as possible to promote healing. Keep it clean, and wait it out. Tears suck. :(
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 8:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• At the hospital they had pampers diapers filled with crushed ice. When we got home my husband made up a couple of diapers with crushed ice and I would just put it in my underwear like a pad. Makes you have to walk funny, but helps with the soreness and swelling. Make sure you aren't doing too much. Just relax with the baby and let everyone (husband, visitors, etc) do the cleaning and cooking for a few days.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i think thats when the swelling is the worst so your stitches get tugged on. i couldnt bear to use a mirror to look so i asked dh to lookand see if it looked infected cuz i was scared too. as long as youve been keeping it clean yo should be ok
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 11:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I had a tear with my first and the 5th day was the worst for me, after that the pain went down. I never took anything other than ibuprofen for the pain.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009