Ok, I have a 2 year old daughter who will be 3 years old next month and she still isnt potty trained. She will tell me that she needs to go potty but only after she has already peed in her pull up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

AWebber212

Asked by AWebber212 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree to a point with the first response. I only used pull ups at night when I was potty training my twins and my now 11 year old many years ago. The pull ups seem to give them the impression they are wearing a diaper. I took them both shopping for new "big girl and big boy" undies and told them these cannot be pottied in. Yes we had a few accidents and had to clean up the floor...but they can feel more when they were wet and I think just caught on quicker. Now in aggreance with the second poster....set her on the potty and give cups of water, juice or milk until she pees. Then reward her for doing so. We used M&M's....one for peeing and two for a poop. My twins just turned 3 in May....Good luck and best wishes. Get some good carept cleaner in the meantime.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 8:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I can only tell you that my oldest was confussed by the pull-ups. I think they felt too much like diapers and so it didn't bug her to be wet. We put her in the thick training pants and she caught on really quickly after that.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Make your child sit on the potty until she goes!! Or at least try to!! And then make sure to praise and reward her when she goes on the potty!!!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I potty trained my daughter using terry cloth pantys..... pullups only at night...they have to feel wetness to get it......buy plenty you will be doing a lot of laundry.....also push fluids too.
    my daughter was stubborn to potty train until I resorted to the pantys.....
    I found out later that she has aspergers.....if you really are having a hard time after trying suggestions listed you might want to get her evaluated for developmental delays.......
    good luck
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 12:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My daughter was reading and tying her shoes before she was out of diapers at 4

Answer by rkoloms at 1:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2009