Does your pet know??

Usually my dog is just kind of there. He doesn't really get up close with me much, once in a while he'll jump on the bed with me til my husband comes to bed. Today I am 37 weeks pregnant and for some reason he's been following me around a little more than usual. I don't have any signs that I'm gonna start labor anytime soon, although I'm hopeful that it's not too far off!!
Anyway, with him under my feet so much since I came home from Church today, it made me wonder. I know dogs are sensitive and can sense things we can't. Do you think he knows something I don't? Do you have any similar stories? Just thought it was an interesting topic to start up :)

stykir

Asked by stykir at 7:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure if they can tell but my dog has been acting a little strange toward me lately. So maybe they can. I'm almost 39 weeks and he's been acting differant towards me pretty much the whole time.
    iluvguyzniliner

Answer by iluvguyzniliner at 7:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my dog sniffed my boobs while i was pregnant ? lol
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Maybe he wants to catch that tasty mucus plug when it comes out :)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• im almost 37 weeks and pretty close.. i lost my mucus plug and was 2cm dilated last week n things and my kitties wont LEAVE ME ALONE lol its cute and all but i cant even go to the bathroom wihtout them following me and jumping up on my lap... when i try to put them down or push them away when im on the computer (cause they like to type for me) my girl kitty will crawl up on top of my tummy and puur away and wont let me stop petting her.. im thinking animals know too but i dunno lol
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• if a dog can sense cancer a dog can sense when someone is in labor or close to it. my moms dog sense that my mom was having a heart attack and my dog was clung to me when i had my 8 month old
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• yea I am pretty sure! I am 37weeks and my dog keeps trying to stick his nose between my legs and down my shirt and follows me around all day long....I think he can smell the hormones lol
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009