Is this right?

Thank you mirit.rose you are the first to be nice about my situation!! I am not a selfish person I have been supporting my family since before I said my I do's!! I have friends that I have told mysituation to and they agree with me. That I should at least have a few bucks in my pocket for an emergency or for a field trip for the kids. I am not a selfish person at all I am not matrialistic I dont need much but, I feel that if he has a few bucks and can go hang with his friends then why should I and the kids be stuck in the house all the time. These other people don't have any good advise then they should not comment to my question. Beleive me if I was selfish I would not be married 22yrs. I have no problem handing over my check I been doing it for a long time. So please if you don't have good advise don't insult me with out knowing me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• uh did i miss the question
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I read your posts and im kinda in between. I know he must be getting unemployment after working all these years right? I agree that the household needs money but not sure why you give your check to him when you are a grown woman and can pay the bills or whatever. If it was me, I would pay the bills, buy groceries etc...then keep the rest of the money under the matress or someplace for hard times or for the kids a trip to the zoo. I personally would not hand my check over to my husband. Has he always been this way or just since he lost his job? I realize he is probaly stressed but he needs to know that you have feelings too and you work hard for the family. If he can spend money to hang with his friends then you should be able to do something fun with the kids or for yourself. I do not think you are greedy or selfish because I work hard and sometimes I like to treat myself to a new outfit or a dinner with a friend.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 7:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Ok, I'd say F*&K It and get the kids and do things together with or with out him anyway! He obviously don't give a damn and you're forking the bill anyway, go do somethig..LIVE the life you have with your kids while you can, he's living his and I wouldn't stop living mine either and making the most of what I could. Good Luck Momma
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i agree, i would never hand over my paycheck. you are grown, pay the bill and keep the rest for yourself and the kids
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No you should not hand over your paycheck to anyone. Save yourself first. Make sure you have an 8 month emergency fund, fully fund you retirement and your children's educational accounts before you hand even one dollar to anyone else.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009