What songs did u sing to ur children?

I sing Blessed By Elton John to my oldest son.
and to my newest addition, I wanna hold your hand, because he grabbed my hand SOOO tight the first time I held him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It changes a lot, but right now my son loves LOVES "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Patty Cake, so she can clap her hands with me :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Baby Mine- from Dumbo
    You are my Sunshine
    Streets of Laredo and Tavern in the Town- both were song to me by my mother-and to her by her father

I have three boys, if I ever have a girl I will sing her, Isn't She Lovely- Stevie Wonder.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I used to sing Lullaby in Blue to my boys. Currently my youngest likes it when I sing Act Naturally-- I guess he is a country music fan.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• we sing a few different songs to him. His favorite song in the car is 'Callin Baton Rouge' and for bed time we sing Jesus Loves Me, Be Careful, and Lullaby and Goodnight, and my mommy to son song for him is 'God Speed' by the Dixie Chicks I sang that to him every night from when he was born until he started going to bed by himself. That will always be my song to him.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• When I sing to them it is mostly kids songs..Old Lady that swallowed the Fly, Wee Willie Winkie, Crooked Man, ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, but when they hear certain music the reaction is pretty immediate. My grandson loves practically anything 60s and a lot of the rockabilly stuff. My granddaughter is much more picky. She loves George Strait and Montgomery Gentry and Don Mcleans "Bye Bye American Pie"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• The song I remember singing to my son the most was Rockstar by nickleback.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Lullaby's...
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 8:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• A BUSHEL AND A PECK BY DORIS DAY ...MY GRANDMA LOVED TO SING IT TO ME AS A CHILD,SO NOW I SING IT TO MY DD!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• princess baby molly girl
    the cutest baby girl in the whole wide world
    she's so sweet and she's so fun
    she is mommies number one
    priiiiiiiiiincess baby molly girl
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009