Do you know some soft foods I can make for my husband? He has voice box cancer. Thanks,Diane

Asked by Diane218 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• mashed potatoes, bananas, squash (mashed) rice, if he's up to the puree you can make anything you want and toss it in the blender. I bet meatballs or meatloaf would be good with gravy if you can break it up okay. A noodly dish, tuna salad, egg salad, scrambled eggs..... I wish you luck!

Answer by kryssie78 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Make anything you want just use a food processor to make it softer! It tastes just like your normal texture foods do it's just more like a mashed consistancy or a soup. When I used to work at the hospital we used to do that for ppl who had surgery of the throat or the elders who had a hard time chewing or swallowing. There was a time when the patient didn't want the food and I asked if I could try it just to try it because I was curious, it wasn't bad at all! Give it a shot! Best of luck and so sorry to hear of your husbands illness.

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 9:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I am so sorry for you! I am not sure of foods except chicken broth soup, jello, apple sauce, I will think of more. G-d bless you and your family, my thoughts and prayers to you. Mara

Answer by purplemara3 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Pastas, steamed vegetables, anything you can mash or puree, soup... good luck & speedy recovery to your husband!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I just wanted to offer some kind thoughts to you, my grandfather had to deal with this and I know it can be hard on a family. My grandfather was like my dad and it was hard, I can't imagine if it happened to my husband. Lots of good thoughts your way <3

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• oatmeal carrot juice and or apple juice lentals garbonso beans pito beans try to see if gerson will help they helped us

Answer by Patience1 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Get a food processor and he can eat whatever you make!! Best of Luck-my thoughts & prayers are with you!!!

Answer by remainpositive at 1:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2008