Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do I get phone cards for my son in Iraq, so he can call me?

Answer Question

Asked by motul at 7:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I know for sure they sell they at gas stations, 7-elevns, I think even target.

    Answer by Jguevara at 7:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • We get the best deals on the AT&T phone cards from Sams club. I buy a 1000 minute card for $60.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • The AT&T cards are the only cards that worked in Iraq when my husband was there a year ago. I would get the 1000 minute ones and i can't remember how much they were but i always bought them at walmart.

    Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • you can also contact the VFW online and they will send a free one every month. Or at least they did when my hubby was in Iraq. Or if you have access to a base/post you can get them at the exchange.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Let your son buy them in Iraq. The exchange money/minutes is better than the cards in the US.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.