breastfeeding and fenugreek

my daughter is 4 wks old i was only nursing until 2 and a half wks then introduced a bottle which ended up being a bad idea i ended up pumping less and now my supply is going down i was told by a lactation consultant that the herb fenugreek could increase my supply for any one who has used it how soon did it work and how much more milk did you make

kaszilynn88

Asked by kaszilynn88 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for me it worked right away and i got alot of milk. enough to feed and pump.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It's not approved. It works for some people. Nursing more will increase your supply. Go to bed with your baby. Nurse as often as you can get the baby to nurse. Your supply may increase in as little as one day.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• it works for me. i been exclusevely pumping for almost 7 mths and i can pump alot
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Fenugreek DOES work...but you ned to be nursing frequently.

Drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group...we can help you out with this.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009