Charting and testing too early?

I've been charting my BBT for awhile now and have very irregular periods (23 days to 79 days) . My hubby (28) and I (24 yrs old) have been TTC for 6 months now and still no luck. I've gone to my OB and had a Thyroid blood test done and an Ultrasound for pelvic pains. All came back normal and I don't have any cysts.

I got my period which was normal on August 16th and it was 4-5 days long kinda heavy. We've been having unprotected sex since then. My chart said I supposedly ovulated on Sept 3rd (day 19 of my cycle), and we had sex that day and 2 days before. My temps are low in the 97.0-97.7 range but are above the coverline on my chart. I tested 15 days past ovulation since my DPO/Luteal Phase never goes past 15 days and the PT was negative. I'm now at 17 days past and still no period and my temps are still above the line. I'm only on day 36 of my cycle but it could be longer. Could it be a false neg? When should I test?

Jewels11

Asked by Jewels11 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When charting I tested at 18 days.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't know when to test, but if this month doesn't do it for you (sending baby dust!) I would highly recommend trying to regulate those hormones with diet. I went gluten-free (no wheat, no bread, no wheat cereals etc) and I repaired years of ovarian cysts-- my periods became a 28 day clock work where I could time my period down to the hour! Also, eating sea veggies helps regulate female systems. Hooray seaweed salad!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Thanks Ladies for your advice. Today would be 18 DPO still above the coverline of 97.0 and still no period but again my cycle could be longer. I plan on taking a pregnancy test tomorrow to see what happens. If its negative again I'll just cry. If I don't get my period by the end of Sept beginning of Oct I'll test again. Its just so hard since I don't know when I'll get my period.
    Jewels11

Answer by Jewels11 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• ARGH! =***( I just entered my new data for my chart today and now it says this:

Your new data input has modified your pattern enough for Fertility Friend to re-assess your interpretation.

Your data no longer shows an ovulation pattern that we can confidently identify. It is still possible that you ovulated but your pattern does not show it clearly enough to be able to pinpoint it accurately. Please check the ovulation detector notes at the bottom of your account front page.

As you enter more data, your pattern becomes clearer. The interpretation engine continuously examines your data to provide you with the best interpretation. You can read more about chart interpretation.

My Temps today are still above the coverline but some other signs don't apparentely match up. It feels like I've been having wet/creamy CM lately however I'm starting to feel nauses, headaches and frequent trips peeing, bloating. Disappointed.
    Jewels11

Answer by Jewels11 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009