CPS, when would they come out?

my son has a mark on his cheek (face) he fell, it looks like someone slapped him, but nevertheless it still looks bad, this happend thursday night. He has school tomorrow, but I dont want to send him if CPS will get called on us. Then again I dont want to seem suspicious and not send him and then the school gets suspicious. we took him to the doc on friday, since his sibling had to get stitches removed. The doc looked at it, and tried to get him to tell him what happened, but he doesnt really talk yet, all he said was owie. SHould we worry then? or if CPS was going to come out would they have come out already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• If he really did fall, then you guys have nothing to worry about. Why are you worried about CPS coming? As long as you guys have nothing to hide, then it's not a big deal.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• if you did nothing wrong, you shoudnt be worried. tell his teacher what happened and im sure it will be okay. if they took away every kid who got hurt at home, all of our kids would be taken away. good luck.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If he doesn't talk how could he have school? How old is he? Do you mean day care? If makes a big difference if you are talking about an 18 month old or a 10 year old.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• well if the hospital felt that it was abuse they would have called social services and you would have got a visit by the next day also the hospital would have had to tell you they were going to call them i would send him to school even still though and if anything does happen just explain i mean my nephew had a fan fall on him and half his eybrow needed stitches and it really looked like someone socked him but no one called social services on my sister you should be ok as long as there have been no previous reason for someone to believe abuse was happening. Hope this helps and of course wish you the best
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If the teacher asks, tell her "we noticed that mark too. Since Sam is not very verbal he could not tell us how it happened- he just said owie. I did have the doctor look at it on friday". Kid do fall and get owies all the time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't really know about CPS, but did you explain to the doc about what happened to your child? If you explained well enough, I don't think you should have a problem. Doctors can tell abused kids typically when they see them. And as far as sending him to school, why not? Just how bad is the mark on his cheek? Give it til the morning and if you still think it looks horrible, you make the call, but really, there are so many kids at school with bumps and bruises from trips and falls, it's no big deal. Just tell his teacher what happened so she knows ahead of time where it came from. That way she doesn't miss it right when he gets there and then notice it later on and think he got hurt at school.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Why would CPS come see you if your son fell? Is it that controlled where you live that parents get a visit from CPS for something like that? You guys need to get crap like that stopped. CPS is to protect kids but that seems like an abuse of power. Tell your son to tell the truth. If he is honest and straight forward, an adult should be able to tell and leave it at that.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If he got it from a fall, why are you even worried about CPS? You've nothing to hide, so what if they even did show up?

"What about that mark?"
    "He fell"
    "Fell how and on what?"
    Then you tell them......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• There is a stigma surrounding CPS that completely dumbfounds me. Just like with anyone else, you are going to have the typical assholes who work for CPS but in general, they are not "out to get you"! Children get hurt constantly, at least I know mine do! They can't just walk in and take away your children because they have fallen or whatever happened to cause them to have one freaking mark. I have a 3 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. Well, they were playing and my daughter fell on my son (with the back of her head of course) and some way he ended up with a HUGE black eye. CPS was called by my neighbor after she seen his eye and they came out to do a home check. As long as all of your shit is in order, your fine. If your house is filthy freaking clean it. What I can't figure out is why I keep seeing questions about people being scared CPS is coming to their house. What the hell is there to hide?
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Send him to school. You have nothing to hide. If they do come out then they come out. Don't be upset at your doctor or you school. They are not allowed to NOT call in situations like these. So expect you may have a visitor. If they come they will ask questions of you, your children without you around, and of your spouse. They may want to talk to a couple of references of your choice to vouch you are good parents and they have no concerns of abuse. No big deal. Things like this happen all the time. Just explain and move on. The burden of proof is on CPS. They have to prove it didn't happen the way you said it did. Don't loose sleep.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009