What are your Mabon plans?

I will most likely be doing the bulk of the celebration by myself due to the fact that it falls on a school night this year and I will not be keeping my children up late.
What do you cook for Mabon? Do you invoke certain deities at this time? Which ones? Do you do anything special with your children on this day of equality?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't really involve my family just yet. The kids are to young to "get it", and the hubs isn't into it. I will do something quiet & outside after everyone is in bed. I just haven't figures out what yet! I did just finish decorating my fireplace mantle which is my alter & It came out pretty good too ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I do not celebrate this so I will be doing what I do every night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My friends and I got together Saturday night for a Pagan Thanksgiving )O( My Goddess Food Ritual .  

We invoked Persephone and Demeter and told their story. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• What is Mabon?
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Mabon is the Autumn Equinox. The first day of fall. The day when the day and the night are equal. ...it's a Pagan celebration.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I am still trying to decide! We are celebrating tonight (the 21st). I think when I get home I am first going to get out some of my autumn decorations... especially the cornacopia, and then I'm going to decorate the table, cook several vegetable dishes (bought fresh from farmer's market)... heat up the biscuits my husband made for breakfast yesterday morning.. open the bottle of mead that we've had for awhile (I've never tasted it before!)... and then call everybody in for the feast. I'll offer up a prayer of thanksgiving to the God and Goddess and read a little bit about Demeter, I think. Maybe offer up a little bit about why Pagans celebrate this time of year (maybe talk about the equality of the day and night and also tie in yin and yang?)
    NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Unfortuantely, i will be packing. I usually go to Denver to celebrate with my friend, but I am moving to Hawaii soon, so I have to get everything cleaned up and get rid of some stuff as well. Next year though, I will celebrating with a circle that is in Honolulu
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 11:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Because we have a multi-religious household I don't really involve them in to my ritual.

However we will be heading out this after noon to release a new born/hatched Monarch Butterfly in to the wild. We have been keeping his cocoon safe and this morning he emerged... So, we are going to be taking him out to freedom.

Otherwise I will simply be having a small personal ritual and if I can get my oven clean this after noon I will make a special desert for after dinner. (But I melted a plastic strainer in to the oven - so I am in the process of scraping it out...)

~Have a Blessed Mabon All

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2009