serious question about mucus plug...maybe TMI

soo i jsut went #2 for the second time today, and it was soft, but not diahrhea, but i had already peed and when i was pushing i felt warm water (im sure it was just more pee that didnt get let out) but then i felt a lot of dischare (which im normal to) and i looked in the toilet and there was a string of what looked like snot, with brown in it...but the brown was the color of like poop! idk if this was my plug or not, but im pretty sure my poop doesnt have snot stuff in it! there was maybe like one little speckle of bright red blood, but i couldnt tell if it were poop or not in the "snot stuff" anyone else mucus plug brown and snotty-like?? I'm 38 weeks 4 days...

OH! Also, when I wiped, there was nothing but normal discharge...if i lost some of my plug in the toilet, should there have been some still there when i wiped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that happend to me the other day and my doctor said it probably was my mucus plug and its all normal :-/
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Mucus plugs can vary in color (clear, brown, red, mixture), but are usually snotty in texture. It sounds like you have lost some or all of your plug. It may be a sign that labor is coming or it could be a few more weeks. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Could have been some old blood, mama. Nothing to be concerned about. You can lose small fragments of your mucus plug over time, or all of it at once. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 8:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009