Has anyone ever gotten pregnant using an IUD? If so, what happened?

Were you able to keep the baby? Does it cause a miscarriage? Do they remove your IUD? For the record, no, I'm NOT trying to get pregnant. I don't have a period with my Mirena and don't have period symptoms either. When I woke up this morning, my boobs hurt really bad...and still do. i realize that doesn't mean i'm pregnant, but it just popped into my head, and I'd like to be sure. I didn't want to freak my husband out by rushing and getting a pregnancy test, so I thought I'd wait til he went to work tomorrow. I just started thinking about what would happen if I was pregnant since I have an IUD. Any feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had the mirena took it out ASAP and i have a healthy happy 9 month old like girl
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 8:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I just had the mirena put in last month and I've been feeling prego too! I've been sick feeling with an increased appetie... and super emotinal... and crampy... OMG! maybe it's just the IUD... I;m getting scared tho!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OP here....I've had my Mirena for 3 years and have never had any symptoms with the exception of the first month...cramps mostly. I'm headed out here in a few to get a test. Kinda nervous...I don't want to know..how sad is that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009