Moms who formula feed.

Could you please cover your babies up when you are feeding them? It makes me so uncomfortable to see a baby being fed in such an inappropriate manner. After all, it's not the way nature intended. And you really should show some common courtesy and just cover it up or take it else where.

...now, that being said. I am not against formula feeding. Each mom does what she thinks is best for her children or family. ...but really. Breasts are for feeding babies. Just like bottles are for feeding babies. If you have a problem with another woman's breast showing, then that's your problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NakeyJakeysMomy, you must have never have seen a case of a breastfeeding mom being asked to cover up.

Anon :02, it has NOTHING TO DO wiht your using formula. NOTHING AT ALL. Nobody cares that you did or why you did.

Here's the deal. What if someone told you that you had to sit in a special section of your church or your school or wherever because you were bottle feeding? You wouldn't like it much, would you?

THAT is the point of this post.

I'm a breastfeeding advocate and peer counselor. But if someone chooses to formula feed, I really don't care. It's HER business. And *I* will NEVER ask her to take it elsewhere.

Equal treatment. That's all anyone asks.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• wtf. you really don't make any sense. I read that whole thing and thought to myself "now i can't get that minute of my life back" what a waste of my time....
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 8:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It's in response to the post that asked for breastfeeding moms to cover up. ...I do not actually think think FFders or BFders should cover up. that's the point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• well this is an immature post. and it shouldnt have been made. a lot of ppl think they should cover up when breastfeeding others dont. i did sometimes depends on how many kids were around or if they were staring too much . but guys usually would talk to me while i breastfed for some dumb reason i think is pretty nasty but w/e my tits were food bags to me not toys for men lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• the thing is that a womans breast is considered a "private" part of their body! I do not condone bashing of public breast feeders, I am all for it actually. Just posing some food for thought!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Excuse me but I bottle fed both my kids because the doctor told me I had to. They were losing too much weight and if I didnt then they wouldnt of gained weight. So excuse me that I care about my kids health!!! Get a life!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• "the thing is that a womans breast is considered a "private" part of their body! "

If that was true, why are breasts used to sell cars and beer?

It's not as if the female breast was any bog secret. It's NOT. Everyone knows what they look like and they're all alike with minor variations in color and size.

I think what bothers people is that they don't know how to separate sex from practical functionality.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• btw. it is common for most BF'd babies to loose some weight in the first week or two. It is not uncommon at all. and in most cases, if you keep up with the BFing, your baby will gain back that weight and plus some. FF babies get fat because they are filled with sugar and things the body has a hard time digesting. BF babies get very little sugar or other things that the body has a hard time digesting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i get so annoyed over this they can show every part of a woman in a sexual manner and jus cover her with freking whip cream and a postage stamp or two but omg show bobbie feeding a baby and people get grossed out its like hello this is what they were made for there not just to make men happy they do have purposeand that purpose is to FEED BABIES
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• it dont bother me seeing someone feding in public weather it be bottle or boob, a baby's gotta eat.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009