She lost her voice should she go to school

My 5 year old has a cold just stuffy nose cough and now she has lost her voice. No fever but with all thats going on should I keep her home. They have a nurse in the school that can gives meds like a doctors office. I thought I would send a note for him to look at her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• keep her home, let her body rest so she can get over it faster. plus you don't want the other kids getting sick.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I dont know if she has no other symtoms just her voice that is gone. I would send her to school. because school is very important these days. you miss something and you fall behind. just tell the teacher her situation so that way she wont have to have your daughter say a word. and to keep your daughter in from recess so she doesn't have to force herself to talk to other kids ' but on the other if she does have other symtoms achey body, headache ,tummmy hurts .feel like getting sick. then yes by all means keep her home and if she continues like this the next day take her to the doctors. because with this flu thats around , you sure don't want it to be that.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• her immune system is probably lowered... let her stay home
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I used to lose my voice once a year for like 4 or 5 years in a row. I always felt fine though, even though I couldn't talk so I would still go about my regular day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I lose my voice atleast 2 times a year and I still work and go to classes. I am usually fine. If she has a fever or is miserable, then leave her home, otherwise she can go to school without a voice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009