Would you rather be regarded as a "nice" person or an "honest" one?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Both. Honesty isn't synonymous with rudeness. I like to think I can convey my opinions honestly with consideration for others at the same time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• honest to my good friends nice to acquaintance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You can be both.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• its called tact.
    abbynzachsmommy

• Honest.
    and sometimes it's not possible for some people to see you as both. some people can't handle the truth.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• In my book ,if you are honest,you are being nice,although some people can't take your honesty,like,if you tell your best friend her DH is cheating,but,if you are really nice and humble in the way you tell somebody the truth ,they can except it better.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Nice people get burned/taken advantage of if they aren't careful. Honest.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• honest those who know me best know that im nice until i get screwed over then watch out. nice people tend to get pushed around...not all but most
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• see i told my current guy when we were JUST friends that my previous relationship (which was with his best friend at the time, so he knew all about it) changed me dramatically and changed the way I will handle my personal relationships for the rest of my life. I told him that I would not stand for lies (NONE at all, not even little white ones) within my relationships ever again. I made it very clear that I wanted nothing less than complete and total honesty, even if it was hurtful honesty. I will accept and retain my respect for the person if they are 100% honest with me ALWAYS, regardless of the subject! Okay so since I expect this from everyone, I give this to everyone. Even though I am not religious, nor believe in god I do believe in the golden rule and practice it. I wish everyone I came across would choose to give me that same respect, especially my SO!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• honest.

I hate it when people are smiling and nice to me, the whole time lying their butt off. I won't do that to others.

I do have tact though, most of the time. I'm not going to just be rude to someone b/c i'm being honest.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009