Ever have a urine test and a blood test tell u ur not pregnant and u really were??

its rare that it happens but it does happen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a friend of mine went through that but the people at the doctor were reading the tests wrong, so she went to a doctor a town over who confirmed she was preggo. this was 3 yrs ago LOL
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 9:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Not me but my sister. She took 5 HPTs and they were all negative. She finally went to the Dr and he ran a blood test and followed up with an ultrasound. She was 9 weeks pregnant.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• OP...well i feel pregnant and its so weird.. it feels like somethings moving in there! and like when a baby comes to the front of ur uterus it gets hard well mine did that . my period is lite and its shorter then it usually is. i went to the hospital they told me i wasnt pregnant from the urine and then neg from the blood. but idk maybe its just me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• OP...also i have been craving food.. coco puffs, and beef jerky with a pickle i actually want to wrap the pickle with the beef jerky lol mmmm my mouth is watering
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• YES!!!! WITH BOTH KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! I knew... with this one, anyway, i was soo sick.. couldnt eat esp greasy foods. The drs convinced me otherwise and about 4 weeks later i was watching I didnt know I was pregnant on discovery health and took a test the next day (just to rule it out...) well needless to say i am 22 weeks and some odd days preggo with my second..
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• blood tests arent wrong. pee tests can be given too early & not pick it up but a blood test can measure any amount of HCG in your system. Anything over 5 is pregnant yet a pee test wont pick it up til its 25 or over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yes, with this pregnancy, the earliest sign i knew was because around 3 weeks in I was having abdominal pain and my doctor sent me for an ultrasound. Because the local hospital isn't certified to handle anything to do with pregnant women, the ultrasound lady stopped the ultrasound and told me I needed to take a pregnancy test because she seen the yolk sac.

My doctor made me take 2 pee tests and a blood test and still said I wasn't pregnant. Well, a week or two later I took my own pee test after being curious and it was positive with a very strong line.

HcG hormones work in mysterious ways.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 2:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OP...well the hospital told me i wasnt and told me to go to an OB to get on BC and im scared to bc if i am i dont want anything to happen to the baby. for some reason no one here watches i didnt know i was pregnant lol and they dont like to do ultrasounds...and if i happen to NOT be pregnant but dont use the BC bc i think i might be THEN i might actually end up pregnant.. im so confused
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009