Should I have blown up like that? :(

Ok my dh is a handy man and a procrastator anyway our kitchen sink had a small leak and he finally got around to fixing it he put one of my cake pans under neath to see if the leak was gone. This pan was under there for about 3 days. I did not like the idea that he used my pan like this but hey I was just happy he was fixing the sink (finally)
Anyway he had to go to work tonight and calls and ask me to check to see if it was leaking it made me mad (I don't know if he caught me in a bad mood or what) I guess bc I needed the pan to bake some meatloaf, I told him NO! I am too busy at the moment and why haven't you checked it urself?
He's like please don't make a big thing out of it just check it...I said fine I did it was not leaking but we kind of hung up in a bad term :( Now I feel bad.
Maybe bc the pan was under there for 3 days then he picks a day I am busy...IDK

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• When I'm in that kind of mood or that busy I dont pick up the phone. **smile**

Yeah, he should have checked it. No, you probably shouldn't have made such a big deal of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yeah...you REALLY over reacted, big time. You need to apologize...soon.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• yeah you over reacted. if you were in one of "those" moods, then just apologize when he gets home or call him and just explain that he caught you at a bad time. my dh is usually quick to forgive me when i tell him it's not him, i'm just in one of those moods. he understands :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would call him back and apologize.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 9:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You need to make him a cake as a peace offering. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would apologize. I also am married to a wonderful man, but a procratinater. I learned many years ago to just do it myself. Whatever needs fixing gets fixed and I don't get frustrated. Plus, I've learned I'm capable of a lot more than I thought. The up side has been when I do ask him to do something now he generally does it quickly because he figures it isn't something I can handle.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would call him back right now and say "sorry I was in the middle of a million things, having a bad day and I shouldnt have taken it out on you.
    Sometimes there are alot of things building up and its the dumb one that sets us off. No worries...just be sure to admit when you're wrong.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Lol. Oh don't ya just Looove being a woman? I've totally done similar stuff. I agree with the first post. Just call and say he caught you at a bad time and resist the urge to say, "I WAITED forever for you to do this and my pan sat there for three days!"
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yes, you over-reacted, and you know you did,that's why you are asking us. You never upset a man at work,that will make them not want to come home ,lol. My DH is retired,but, he is a landscaper, and he can do lite carpentry work,but, my flower garden is always the last to get done, my kitchen needs painting,he is telling me to wait until November. Men you got to love them. Call him and apologized,he will feel better and so will you.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No offense but wouldn't it have just been easier to have given him something else to use or when you saw he had already put it there, just replaced it with something more suitable? Not bashing but can see how that could have been handled differently.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2009