What to say when a 67 year old says she's pregnant?

Some one I know says his great aunt is telling everyone seriously she's pregnant. She's 67! He didn't know what to say! What would you say? I'm at a loss myself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if healthy and young at heart then go her! still getting freaky at 67 wohoo
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 9:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i would say that it could be impossible?? i thought after menopause than the shop is closed?
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 9:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would say holy cow how did that happen? I think that that is really selfish on her part when her kids are 18 she will be in her 80s and proboly about to die....god that sounds bad bad seriously you know she wont be around to see her kid grown into a adult and and be there for them and then she is going to put them through the grief of losing a parent, selfish. I didnt think you could get pg after menopause? I am only 22 so i dont know much about that, but I would think her baby factory has long been shut down.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yes she is older but not dead...good for her :)

In the bible it says alot of ladies older as she had gotten pregnant so why is she any different.

It's a miracle. God works in misterious ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i wouldn't say shes selfish because most likely if she actually is pregnant, it was an accident, she probably assumed she wasn't fertile...? is it possible that she's suffering from dementia? i would try to be as supportive as possible because she is probably very fearful and nervous about the whole thing. of course i am assuming it was an unplanned pregnancy, but still if it was planned, she's probably still very nervous. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• its extremely selfish......a baby/child needs care and to be looked after...at 67 she would be too old to be able to properly provide for the child.....i think its really unfair on the child
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ummmm i was adopted when i was a newborn by parents in their late 50's and guess what they KICK ASS and were the best parents ever im now 25 and they are still alive and going strong, always busy they are far from dead! my dad is 76 and still cuts grass for their yard and all 7 of their rental properties my mom still does yoga and art classes and all that.. your only as old as you make urself to be! so NO it is NOT selfish... i think some of you are just close minded.. oh and they ran outside with me and played ball and all of that as well didn't miss out on a thing!
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 9:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• oh and we will all bury our parents so are they selfish as well? may it be at 20 or 40 or 60 you still will
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 9:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• " Yes she is older but not dead...good for her :)

It's a miracle. God works in misterious ways. "

yeah, but it also said people in the bible lived 100-200 years (or more)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• "In the bible it says alot of ladies older as she had gotten pregnant so why is she any different."

---she is different (if this is true), b/c the bible is just a story.

charisma10... "yeah, but it also said people in the bible lived 100-200 years (or more)"---lol, ya, this too!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2009