What are possible causes of a weak feeling in your entire body?

I feel a weak sensation in my body when I do not eat on a regular basis. It used to happen every once in a while but lately it has been just about every day. I feel better shortly after I eat something. I just hate eating, I hate having to make and prepare food to eat and if there is nothing readily available to eat within minutes, I will just put off eating and then I start feeling this way. I am thinking hypo-glycemia, but I am not sure. I just did a Google search and I have a few of the symptoms but not the majority. Any ideas?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• Before I even got to hypoglycemia I was thinking low blood sugar.

You've got to EAT.n If that means spending a Saturday afternoon making up some healthy meals that you package up for the week, do it. If that means a sandwich, do it.

But EAT.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• get ur blood checked..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i thought that too but I feel better shortly after regular(non-sweet) foods. sometimes if I do eat something sweet when I feel this way, it makes it even worse.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i did actually just go to the doc for my yearly check-up last week and they took blood from me. I was told to come back in about 2 weeks for the results. I wish I could just call for them. I am on state insurance through a clinic (this means no appointments, it is first come first served). Which means every trip to the doc takes a couple hours or so. I would just go to the emergency room when I feel this to have my blood checked while I feel this way but that could take any amount of time from 15 minutes to 6 hours or so, depending on how busy they are.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I've heard if you eat fruit on an empty stomach it does its most good! So that's a good thing to start with! Its never good to go hungry for too long! If your body is sending you a signal it means get on it. Take care of yourself! No different than a car it won't go for long without gas or oil. So your body needs to be replenished enough to! Hope you find out what your issue is! I have to go without medical care. If you can afford to go in and be checked out. I suggestively say to follow through! So you have many more Happy healthy birthdays! I also can't eat anything sweet on a empoty stomach! Go with what your cravings tell you to have! Its your body's neat system of getting you what you need! So if you crave pickled beets, sweet potatoes,or pizza go for it! If its something else try it! Find meals or easy to prepare things to keep you going! Best of luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• do you have any other symptoms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Low blood sugar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You know I feel like this at times I don't know what it is I can wake up in the morning and have alittle something with coffee and just sip my coffee all day until I actually feel hungry then I have to make me something but at the same time nothing sounds appealing so then I just settle for whatever I have handy...I know it does not seem healthy but sometimes I wish I could just take a pill for all day until I do feel like eating something I am in the mood for. But yes we do tend to get that weak feeling if we don't eat right atleast down some water that seem s to help me even though I feel empty but atleast we'll have something inour bellies..lol Hope you feel better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You're anorexic. You need to eat. You're messing up your body's metabolism. I had a long 15 year battle with anorexia and still struggle with eating breakfast. I'll skip it some days and get that terrible weak feeling by 10am.

You may need to see a counselor so that you will better be able to feed and nourish yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• That seems a bit dramatic, how can someone who enjoys eating as much as I do be anorexic? I love food (good food, mind you though). I have no issues with weight whatsoever. I gained quite a bit of weight when I was pregnant over a year ago and I do not care at all, and my man does not either. I cannot force myself to eat something that I do not want at that time just because I am hungry and have nothing else. Sometimes I will be sooooo hungry but have no taste for anything I have in the house and not have money to buy what I feel like eating, so I just don't eat. I cannot force myself to eat something, just for the sake of eating. I must enjoy my food or do without it. Does this mean I have an eating disorder??
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2009