Any tips for finding cheap maternity clothes?

I have all the summer maternity I could ever wish for, but this baby is due in early spring! I need winter maternity clothes and don't have much money for them! Any suggestions other than craigslist and freecycle? I already use those and there's nothing reasonable available in my area.
Thanks!

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kristal, I can tell you the answer to this...We have tons of consignment stores near us...go to them. Also, try the Men's section. You can get really big shirts for super cheap and they will keep you warm.
    I know wal-mart has some ok prices on clothes. I will look around for you now that I know you are in need of warm clothes. :)
    buggaandmommy

Answer by buggaandmommy at 10:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have some shirts they are short sleeves I only have like 4 shirts but if you live by me you can have em. I live in lake charles, la. I would mail em to you but i honestly dont have to money to mail em.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• well we would need to know a bit mroe about you to help are you a business mommy and need heels and skirts or can you get by in sweats
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You can find some spectacular deals at Kohl's and Motherhood Maternity...the sales change weekly and they have a great selection!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ohI am a comfy SAHM!! I'm really in need of long sleeve tees and sweatshirts.. I have a couple things and sweatpants so bottoms aren't a big deal but I FREEZE in winter (I live in CT btw.. if anyone is willing to donate I can possibly cover shipping via paypal..) and have very few warm items that will actually cover a 6-9 month preggo belly
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Nope sorry I live in louisiana so my winter isnt a winter at all its hott all the time but if you want em I can give em to you but I think you would still freeze, lol. What about if you just go to walmart and buy those packs of long sleeve hanes shirts and just wear them that might work.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• thanks anon.. the maternity section in Kohls here SUCKS and the closest Motherhood store is about 50 miles away. It sux!

Will check for more suggestions in the morning.. thanks to everyone who replies!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Children's consignment stores usually have a maternity section where gently used and sometimes new maternity items are sold for a fraction of the cost of retail cost. If money is an issue, local Crisis Pregnancy Centers will give maternity clothing to low income or at risk mothers for free. Good luck in your search!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 9:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Consignment shops, rummage sales (although they are probably about done for the year), resale shops- like salvation army, goodwill
    One thing I did during one of my pregnancies was buy some regular tshirts and sweatshirts -in mens plus size from Kmart. they were comfy, and did not cost alot.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• deffinantly burlington coat factory i got a couple shirts that were only 5 dollars!!! and they were REALLY cute and i got a pair of black capris from there with the full belly band and they were only 7! i would really suggest trying there.
    katie11908

Answer by katie11908 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009