Anyone have a spouse or loved one on a methadone program?

How do they act? How do they act when they drink alcohol, which I know should not be done with this therapy.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• methadone is like herion so they should just by herion its cheaper. just as addictive and both kill the pain. i know someone on it and he acts normal nothing wrong still gets up and does what he has to. but hes on it for pain horrible horrible pain. hes not a drinker never has been and im sure never will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My mom was on methadone. ...but she didn't typically drink alcohol. ...and she's dead now anyways, so i dont think i'm much help.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My bio-father was addicted to Methadone, it was truly awful as he would become incoherent or violent, he did drink alcohol with it and eventually ended up overdosing and almost dying. Methadone is nothing I would ever want any business with, my bio-father has since some what recovered but does have permanent brain damage and is now incapable of holding a job or even taking care of himself.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 10:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I recently had a friend die from overdose. Currently, I am writing a report on the dangers og methadone. It is used for chronic pain. It is longer lasting than morphine, oxycotins. It is dangerous mixing alcohol, any persciption drugs, and diet pills. My aunt is on methadone and it is sad to see he on them. I can tell how high she is, forgetfull, too. The drug can stay in a persons systom for up to 3 days, eventhough they do not feel it.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:38 PM on Sep. 21, 2009