Rash?

My son has these bumps that goes from his face all over his back, legs, arms and feet. He broke out last week and I didn't think a whole lot about it but its not going away at all. I thought maybe it was just stress bumps cuz he went to a friend of mine house while I went to work during the day and he would cry hard all day but I quit working last wed and he has been happy since. And then I thought maybe it was from the amoxicillin he was on for strep throat so I took him off of it. He took it for 7 days. It looks like baby acne but its never been this bad b4...any one elses baby have this?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It IS from the amoxcicillan. It takes several days to go away. He's got an allergy so make a note and tell the doc, especially if you didn't finish out the scrip, they need to know. Both my kids are allergic to it and that rash is the sign, it could take a week to clear or more.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Does your friend have fleas? That what it sounds like to me. When a human gets bitten by an "excessive" amount of fleas or flea bites, their/your throat/glads will swell up & will run a fever. Flea bites are toxic & miserable. Plus strep & separation anxiety ...

Bath him in aveano Oatmeal bath, It will soothe the itches, regardless of what the cause is. Then lightly powder (no lotion, nothing sticky) his skin and dress him in a loose t-shirt. He will feel better in a few days. If not , Id call the nurse where you took him to get his antibiotics and ask her what you should do since you were just in....then/or take him back to the doctor.

Momy kisses for you sweet baby. I hope he feels better soon.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009