Car seat?? What kind??

My son is 10 months old , 29 pounds old and 33 inches long... I am having trouble with finding the perfect carseat for him !!!! One car seat was giving to us by friends but he seems so uncomftable in it !! It seems as his back hurts .
Can someone tell me maybe What car seat gives him the perfect support for his back??

Thank u

Ellie.407

Asked by Ellie.407 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both Britax and Graco make awesome convertible seats that can be rear or forward facing and are super comfortable....not to mention they pass the safety test with flying colors. They are a bit pricey, but because you can use them all through the toddler years, in the long run it saves you money, and you can't really put a price on safety, effectiveness and comfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i have the eddie bauer deluxe convertible one, i love it my dd is 9 months old 17 lbs 31 inches
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 9:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i sort of wish we would have gone with one that you can do rear facing in for longer, for safety, like a britax, but that's if you have the $$$$ for it because they cost more. of course it's worth it if it saves your child's life! (not that i'm judging! we didn't have one like i said, so we had to forward face earlier than is best imo)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my eddie bauer one RF up to 80lbs,idk what the britax ones do?
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 9:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I love my sons graco nautilus. It is a carseat that goes from 20-100lbs. It is a 5 point harness then when your baby gets older you can turn it into a high-back booster then when your baby gets a little bit older will turn into just a booster...it is so cool.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 10:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My britax RF til 35 lbs, I love it.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 10:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Britax rear faces to 33/35lbs.. so they dont have a very high rear facing limit but they are excellent seats. For such a heavy baby you should go with Sunshine Kids Radian, they make a seat that rear faces to 45lbs- highest on the market!! They run around $270 though. They are excellent seats, definately one of the best on the market. After that is the Graco Myride 65- rear faces to 40lbs forward faces to 65lbs. Runs about $150.
    FYI- No seat on the market rear faces to 80lbs, so whoever said their eddie bauer seat does is misreading the seat info. You DO NOT have to spend a fortune to extend rear facing- the Cosco Scenera ($50) rear faces to 35lbs, that is a good rear facing weight. Most seats on the market rear face to atleast 30lbs so lack of a "expensive" carseat is no reason to forward face at 1yr/20lbs... most seats will get you to 2yrs/30lbs ATLEAST!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2009