Daddy too attached help.

Okay so I want my 2 month old out of my bed, I want my bed back. Well its not the baby that is the problem its daddy. Daddy like baby sleeping by him, he likes to snuggle all night with him. He likes that they both snore and wake me up. How do I get him to realize that this is gonna be a problem in the future?Photobucket

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 9:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i slept with my kids until they were like 4 or 5 months and we actually didnt have any trouble switching them to a crib...but every baby is different. men tend to feel less bonded with baby then mommy especially if you are breastfeeding. if you are not worried about the danger and the inconvienence only, it might be in everyones best interest if you let them continue to bond in this way....how would you feel if the one thing that made you close with baby was something that you were asked to give up? he's only 2 months old, let them snuggle safely
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Thats how they sleep every night
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• That picture scares me! I would be worried about the baby getting smooshed. If you are going to cosleep you should keep the blankets away from him and your husband should back off a little!

Tell him that it's not safe the way they are doing it and research how to co sleep safely! At two months old your baby can't get free if the blanket covers his face or if Dad rolls over!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• That is such a cute picture! However I totally agree it's not safe for him to sleep like that at all! Can you imagine how devastated Daddy if anything happened to your son because of this sleeping arrangement. He seriously needs to be putting your sons safety above his own feelings of comfort. Maybe you could compromise by having him sleep on Daddy's chest just for naps instead?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I try to tell him it is unsafe and he is like blah blah I know I wont roll on him it is seriously like talking to a bag of rocks pointless.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would research how to do it safely. Print it out for him. Then Google news stories of cosleeping gone wrong and give it to him to read. You really need to take that bag of rocks you've been arguing with and hit him over the head with it!!

This really scares me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Really, hmmmm he probably doesn't realize how easy it is to put your baby in danger. OK, maybe if talking isn't helping you could try ACTION! Is he a deep sleeper? I know this sounds drastic but maybe some scare tactics would help? I don't know, something like wake him up screaming saying the baby wasn't breathing or that you woke up and saw that he was crushing him and move him. If you wake him up enough and he might get tired of it! Try something that makes him realize that your fears really could become a reality.

His your baby too honey and you put a lot of work into making sure he arrived into this world safely, if he really loves him he won't put him at risk. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• no he is a lite sleeper so am i tho you cant see it but the baby is in wedges they are so close bc the baby was crying and he pulled him closer to him to comfort him. my problem isnt the danger it is that I might never get the baby out the bed.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Too cute!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It is a cute picture but wow, that would scare me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009